Mark Osborne, CISO and Cyber Security Executive, in his own words:
A practical hands-on, business focused CISO with a blend of skills drawn from technical security, team management and commercial expertise. Mark is a “safe pair of hands” that can be trusted to build and run the security department for any size of organisation in any sector – a claim that is verified by his track record. No job is too big or too small – it is the challenge that drives him.
Mark has set up successful greenfield internal security teams and external consulting practices alike. He specialises in taking organisational security capability from “zero to hero” in an accelerated timeframe. Mark is experienced in owning P&Ls and hitting revenue targets.
Mark’s hands-on experience covers most skills in CyberSecurity including design, forensics, pentesting and policy developement. However, these days he focuses on:
– Presenting security issues to executives and board level management
– Audit/Regulatory Remediation & complete turn-arounds
– Devising security strategies for top companies & managing their roll-out
– Delivering security policy & security standard initiatives
– Implementing security architecture frameworks and tools
– Incident Response (Malware, Hacking, Forensics), Breach Recovery & Crisis Management
Major career achievements include:
– Designed/Built/launched probably Europe’s largest CyberSecurity attack detection system
– Turned the KPMG security team profitable becoming the Head of the Security Practice
– Produced several popular open source IDS & monitoring tools
– Accredited with “zero day” security vulnerabilities
– A number of popular books