Barry Cook, Privacy & Group Data Protection Officer at VFS Global:
A results driven, innovative leader with in excess of 20 years’ experience in providing Data Privacy, Data protection, Information Security & Risk Management leadership to major international B2G (business to government), pharmaceutical, private banking and retail organizations.
Inclusive and Empowering Leadership style; Stakeholder Identification & Relationship Management; Privacy & Data Protection Leadership; Governance, Risk & Security Management; Business Strategic alignment; Project Management; Extensive cross-industry experience; Proactive, autonomous, professional and reliable. Excellent written and verbal communication skills that are compelling, convincing and reassuring, with the ability to articulate complex concepts and ideas to non-subject matter stakeholders.
PRIVACY & GROUP DATA PROTECTION OFFICER.
• Providing leadership for the organization’s privacy program to enable VFS Global to be one of the 15% of companies that were compliant with GDPR on 25 May 2018.
• Directing and overseeing privacy specialists & coordinating privacy and data protection programs with senior executives globally to ensure consistency across the organization culminating in the roll out of a global data protection standard across the organisation.
• Develop & cultivate trusted relationships with general counsel, corporate communications and business streams and enabling functions to embed a culture of data privacy at all levels and to ensure that the privacy team is accessible to all.
• Leading the company along its journey to Binding Corporate Rules (BCR) approval.
• Coordinate with regulatory bodies to ensure that programs, policies and procedures involving data protection and privacy considerations are addressed in an integrated and comprehensive manner.
• Maintain personal and privacy team’s current knowledge of applicable regional and national privacy laws and accreditation standards, and monitor advancements in information privacy technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance.
• Interface with Senior Leadership Team to develop strategic plans for the collection, use and sharing of information in a manner that maximizes its value while complying with privacy regulations.
• Develop and coordinate a compliance framework for privacy by implementing a 13 point technical & organisational measures management framework that facilitated the operationalizing of the Privacy & Data Protection Policy.